Thursday, April 9, 2015

Reading response about revision

      After reading the material about the essay's revision, I learned that revision plays an important role in writing. As we all know, revision means seeing again, and the purpose of revision is making your essay better. Writing is a process of record what you discovered, and the first draft is always not good enough. Therefore, revision is a good opportunity for people to know better about your essay. In these reading, I learned many useful methods that I do not know before. I want to remember them because I will do a great improvement if I can use these methods correctly. For example, I learned many steps about how to do revision well.  I should check the focus on the paper; check the thesis statement; check the purpose of my essay; check the organization; check the information; and check the conclusion. All of them are essential for writing a good essay.
     Based on the reading, I think I still need more persuasive points to make my thesis statement reasonable. When I revised my essay, I did not know what I should do because I found that I no longer agreed with my own point. Fortunately, after I finished the reading, I know how to solve the problem. I will change something in my thesis statement, and add what I want to tell readers in the essay by using enough evidence. After the conference, I also knew some problems in my essay. Although the main structure of my essay is good, I still need improvement to make it more persuasive. The professor told me that I need add more analysis after giving the example so that I can  explain how these examples help Gladwell meet his purpose with his intended audience. Therefore, when I revise my essay again, I will change my thesis statement firstly, then add more analysis to make it more powerful. After doing that, I will choose replace the verbs with more reasonable ones  and correct the grammar mistakes. I do believe that I can do it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment